Welcoming Ms. Robinson-Brown!

December 10, 2018

This year, Mercy High has welcomed social studies teacher, Ms. Jessica Robinson-Brown. She started her teaching career at Mercy and is overjoyed to be back. “It is Magic!” she says. Ms. Robinson-Brown attended Notre Dame University in Maryland where she received her Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. She also attended Loyola University of Maryland where she received her Master’s Degree in Teaching. Before returning to Mercy, Ms. Robinson-Brown taught at Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Baltimore, MD, and The Catholic High School in Baltimore, MD.

Ms. Robinson-Brown’s favorite memory from this past summer is her family trip to the beach. It was her son’s first time in the sand and he loved it!

A book that inspired Ms. Robinson-Brown is The Dressmaker of Khair Khana by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon. Coincidentally, this book is taught with her Global Issues classes. She finds this true story so inspirational because it is about finding the light and the love in the darkest and most hateful of times. The women in this biography were living under the Taliban rule in Afghanistan and risk their lives to form a community where they can be educated and maintain a dressmaking business. Ms. Robinson-Brown says “it is an example of the power of education for women.”

Ms. Robinson-Brown’s favorite type of music right now is Christmas music! It never fails to bring her holiday cheer.

Ms. Robinson-Brown is constantly inspired by the Mercy Community. “The inspiration of Catherine McCauley is something that I took with me when I left Mercy.” Being a part of this community is something that creates a forever bond and continues on in us forever.