The Shield

End of Fall Season Sports

With the leaves falling and the air getting colder, the fall sports came to a close. Varsity volleyball has officially ended their season with a loss to St. Mary’s in the quarterfinals. They had a lot of success this season. Their record was twice more the wins then the previous years. Varsity Field Hockey is currently now in the playoffs. They have beaten Old Fields at Garrison Forrest on last Monday afternoon by eight to zero. Sadly, Varsity Field Hockey had lost to Key School to a score of 2-1 in the Semi Finals.

On that same day, Varsity Soccer had lost to McDonough School in the Semi Finals as well to a score of 4-0. They both had amazing seasons with great wins and great sportsmanship.

Along with these great seasons ending, Cross Country had their last meet, finishing fourth place overall.

Mr. Gill who is the Mercy Athletic Director had a few words to say about this fall season. “This  fall athletics season was a tremendous success for Mercy. Our teams competed to the best of their abilities and had a lot of fun. All four of our Fall Varsity teams had two players each selected to the IAAM all conference teams.” All of the fall sports had great endings to their season and now we move off to the winter sport season.